What’s so great about travelling by ferry?
There's lots of reasons why travelling by ferry offers a great start or part of your trip, but the best way to find out is to experience it for yourself.
- Pack your bags and go! Whether you’re driving your car, riding your bike or travelling as a foot passenger, going by ferry is a relaxing and enjoyable way to travel.
- Value for money. Travelling by ferry offers great value for money, especially when you consider there are no extra costs for seating, luggage or car hire and for crossings to the Continent, Ireland and the Channel Islands you can take advantage of generous Duty-Free savings.
- Take as much luggage as you want. Pack your vehicle with everything you need or just wheel on your bicycle or suitcase. Bring back the local goodies you loved, to share with friends and family.
- Enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Admire the stunning views, watch out for marinelife, get some fresh air on deck, have a wander around the ship, do a bit of shopping and grab a bite to eat.
- Enjoy having your own space and time to do what you want. You can even upgrade for a little bit extra to enjoy a premium lounge experience with complimentary drinks and snacks.
- Know the whole family will be entertained. Most ships offer kids areas where they can play, watch a movie and generally be entertained.
- Bring your furry friends. No need to leave your pets at home, bring them too. Ferries offer a range of pet-friendly cabins, on board kennels, stay-in-vehicle and pet lounge options depending on the sailing.
- Spot the marine life. The waters around the British Isles are a great place to see sea birds, dolphins, porpoises and even whales. Some ferry companies work with conservation charity ORCA and have Wildlife Officers on board who can help you on a deck watch.
- Together time. Whether your travelling as a couple, in a group or as a family, you can sit together comfortably, have a drink and a chat play a game or make plans for your holiday.
- Stay connected. Take advantage of the on board wifi to stay connected, post your selfies, catch up on emails or just browse the internet.
Find out more at discoverferries.com