Ferry travel checklist
After so long being restricted in where we can travel you may be wondering what the experience will be like and what you need to prepare.
Travelling by ferry is an enjoyable and relaxing experience.
When travelling by ferry you will be able to enjoy the experience of travelling by water, the views, the lounges, restaurants, shops and other amenities, where available, on board.
Things to check before you travel:
1) The Covid entry requirements for your destination for fully vaccinated and not fully vaccinated travellers https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
2) Whether the ferry operator requires face coverings to be worn - check on the operators website
3) If you are sailing to France or The Netherlands you will need to bring your passport and check it is valid for travel https://www.gov.uk/guidance/passport-rules-for-travel-to-europe (Passports are not required for travel within the Common Travel Area which includes Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, however you will need a photo ID)
4) If you will be travelling with your vehicle, check your insurance is valid for your destination and that you have breakdown cover. If you are travelling to the Continent you will need a UK sticker
5) That you have travel insurance to cover your trip
6) Pet travel requirements for your destination. For travel to the Continent, Ireland and Northern Ireland with your pet you will need to arrange an animal health certificate at least a month before travel
7) Your Duty-Free allowance, if travelling to the Continent, Ireland or the Channel Islands